Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve been looking for a better urine collection system for many years. I find it unacceptable that all of the widely-available brands are made of clear materials, so that urine is visible if any part of the tubing or bag is exposed. I’m relatively sure it would be possible to 3D print the various components in an opaque material. I have been using parts of hydration-pak systems because you can get them in non-transparent material. Note that these parts aren’t sterile medical devices, they are simply for urine collection. They would need to be easily and inexpensively produced because they need to be changed regularly. I would love to work with someone on this project for my own use and I’m sure others would use it too. I can’t be the only person who hates the clear bag of pee!

It would be helpful if you can provide some links or photos with an example of the type of collection system you are looking to replace / improve.

It can be challenging to produce water-tight 3D prints – one possible alternative for printing them directly would be to use some sort of commercially available / disposable fluid receptacles that are contained within 3D printed ‘covers’. In general, 3D prints are fairly inexpensive in terms of material use, but they can take a long time to print.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.