- This topic is empty.
- This topic has Ready to Build tag assigned
October 6, 2021 at 1:22 am #12179
Project Need: Agility/Dexterity
Capabilities Needed: 3D Printing, Electronics
Project Link: https://makersmakingchange.com/project/assistive-switches-kit/ 2
License: Attribution 4.0 International
Switches are assistive devices used by people with limited dexterity. They can be used for many purposes including accessing phones, computers, TV set top boxes, adapted toys, and appliances.
Switches can also be used for adaptive gaming, which levels the playing field for gamers with disabilities. The switches in this kit are compatible with the Xbox Adaptive Controller and PC gaming on Windows 10 (click here for an XAC setup tutorial). External devices such as switches, buttons, mounts and joysticks can be arranged in a way to meet the needs of the gamer making it uniquely theirs. Adaptive gaming allows the user to completely individualize their gaming setup.
The Adaptive Switches Kit is composed of 5 switches:
- 1 x Raindrop Switch– Low force switch well-suited for use by a finger or head
- 1 x Light Touch Switch – Low force switch well-suited for use by a finger.
- 1 x Interact Switch – Medium force switch that is activated through applying pressure on the top surface.
- 2 x MMC60 Switch – Medium force switch that is activated through applying pressure on the top surface.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.