Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I worked with a maker last year who designed a great buckle opener. I need the design modified to work with a smaller buckle and cannot get in touch with him.  I have the original file attached and am wondering if someone can assist. See pic for measurements for the smaller buckle (red= 23mm, blue = 13mm. Thank you!

Hi @kajal

May be i could support you for this modification, i need a little more information for the same.
    Can you just show me or explain how are you using the existing design to open the buckle, i could try to do the smaller version for you then. 😃

Can you also add few more pics of how you are using the regular buckle opener?

Thanks for your post.

Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out. Please see pic for how buckle opener works. Once it is set in position, if you push arm away, the buckle will release. The drawing I have works well with large buckles but I’m looking for an opener for a smaller buckle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hey there @kajal , I don’t know if you ended up hearing back from the other responder, but I made a quick design based on the one that you provided. I used the provided dimensions and tested it on a similarly sized buckle with success, but if there are any issues with it please let me know and I’d be happy to make modifications as needed!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5363518

@ot3dorg, Thank you so much! I did not hear back from the other maker so I am very thankful for your assistance. I will ask my school to print out your design and I’ll let you know how things go. Again, thank you so much!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.