• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I received the following request for a device and was wondering if anyone has worked on a similar project.

Description of the hurdle: I used to love playing the cello, but as I started playing more advanced pieces for longer periods of time, my hypermobile joints started to cause moderate to severe pain. I haven’t been able to enjoy playing for the last 5 years and I really want to be able to play in an orchestra in college. I’ve tried commercial wrist and finger braces/splints, but they limit my motion too much or vibrate against the strings making it either more painful or unrealistic to use. It would be life changing to have a wrist/hand/finger brace for my left hand that allowed full regular motion of my joints while preventing any hyperextension that makes playing painful as well as an adaptive bow grip for my right hand. Playing the cello is my passion and I’d love to be able to do so again without experiencing pain.

Device use frequency? Almost daily! Without pain, my ideal practice sessions would be 5-6 days a week.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.