Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

There has been a recent request for a large angled switch similar to the BIGmack Switch. This switch can be tried with users who experience difficulty with targeting smaller switches, and this specific request would be for children with developing mobility or who are new to accessing switches.

The goal of this switch would be:

• Have a 5×5″ or larger activation surface.
    • Require relatively low force.
    • To interface through a 3.5mm jack.
    • Able to be stably and securely fixed in position during use.
    • To be mounted to some mounting apparatus. (similar to the Jelly Bean switch possibly)

There is no fixed requirement for the general shape of the switch.

Please feel free to reply with any further questions on this switch to assist with any design.

Hi @stephenm ,

There are few large switches already designed in Assistive devices library section on this website.
    If you are looking for something different than those, please feel free to reply back here, i would love to work with you for your requirements.

Thanks for creating this request. 😊

Hi @techiebaksh ,

Yes, there are quite a few switch options on the site, however, this specific request was looking for a switch with a minimum activation surface area of 5 inches by 5 inches. The MMC60 you linked has a 60mm diameter, making it about 2.4 inches across, so just a little small for what the request was.

That said, I believe the request was filled in the short term using Interact Switches. However, a switch this large is still lacking from the website, so please let us know if you’d still be interested in taking it on to design.

Thanks for responding!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yes, i am interested to do that for you..!! I will make a design and update you here.

Thanks for you response @stephenm

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.