- This topic is empty.
- This topic has Solution Found tag assigned
October 28, 2019 at 11:39 pm #9393@
This is a thread dedicated to development of a way to operate a remote control drone with the [LipSync](https://makersmakingchange.com/project/lipsync/). The main objectives of this project are outlined in the [Motor Mouth Project](https://makersmakingchange.com/project/motormouth/).
A significant chunk of work and a working prototype was completed as part of a weekend Hackathon. The coding and schematics can be found here in the Github repository:
https://github.com/makersmakingchange/LipSync-Drone-ControlOctober 28, 2019 at 11:39 pm #9394
Traxxas Aton is going to be the second model of drone/quad-copter that we would like to adopt to use Lipsync as controller.
The flight controller code is open source as well and it’s based on most popular open source drone flight controller (ArduPilot).
Updated version of ArduPilot firmware source code used in Traxxas Aton:
[ArduPilot source code](https://ardupilot.org/copter/)
I think the current system should work with minor changes based on picture of flight controller board.
[Picture of Flight Controller](https://d2rormqr1qwzpz.cloudfront.net/photos/2016/03/09/86183-board.jpg)October 28, 2019 at 11:39 pm #9395
I have created DIY Drone/QuadCopter about 3 years ago and I am planning to donate it to someone to finish it as I don’t have to fly it indoor. I am hoping someone would use the same lipsync system on it for research and testing purposes.
Here’s the picture of Drone:
And Here’s the parts list:
1. [Flight Controller: CRIUS ALL IN ONE PRO v2.0 AIOP](https://www.rctimer.com/product-765.html)
1. [Frame: REPTILE500-V3 Quad-Copter Frame With Crab Landing Gear](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/reptile500-v3-quad-copter-frame-with-crab-landing-gear-white-red.html)
1. [Motors: AX-2810Q-750KV Brushless Quadcopter Motor](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ax-2810q-750kv-brushless-quadcopter-motor.html)
1. [Battery:Turnigy 4000mAh 4S 40C Lipo Pack](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-4000mah-4s-40c-lipo-pack.html)
1. [ESC:Afro ESC 30Amp Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware)](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/afro-30a-multi-rotor-esc-opto-simonk-firmware.html)
1. [Propeller: HobbyKing Slowfly Propeller 10×4.5 Black (CW/CCW) (4pcs)](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-slowfly-propeller-10×4-5-black-cw-ccw-4pcs.html)
1. [Transmitter and Receiver: Turnigy 5X 5Ch Mini Transmitter and Receiver ](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5x-5ch-mini-transmitter-and-receiver-mode-2.html)
1. [Charger: Turnigy B6 PRO 50W 6A Balance Charger](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-b6-pro-50w-6a-balance-charger-black.html)
1. [Power Distribution Board: Hobby King Octocopter Power Distribution Board](https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobby-king-octocopter-power-distribution-board.html)
1. [UBEC: HOBBYWING RC UBEC 5V 6V 3A Max 5A Lowest RF Noise BEC](https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HOBBYWING-RC-UBEC-5V-6V-3A-Max-5A-Switch-Mode-Lowest-RF-Noise-BEC-for-RC-Models/174075366612?hash=item2887b34cd4:g:dpEAAOSwy6JdscOW)
1. [Bluetooth:CRIUS MWC Multiwii SE Naza32 CC3D FC Bluetooth Parameter CRIUSs FCs ](https://www.ebay.ca/itm/bluetooth-Parameter-Debugging-Programmer-Module-For-MWC-Multiwii-Naze32-CC3D-/362724732397?hash=item5474142ded)
1. [GPS: Crius U-blox NEO-6M V3.1 GPS Module for MWC MultiWii](https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cruis-NEO-6M-V3-1-GPS-Module-for-APM-Pixhawk-MWC-SE-Lite-Flight-Controller-Cable/392320573209)
The Drone firmware is [MultiWii 2.4](https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/) and the GPS firmware is configured. It only requires calibration of controller parameters.
Let me know if you interested to receive additional information.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.