- This topic is empty.
November 22, 2019 at 11:45 pm #7920@
The Neil Squire is a Canadian non‑profit organization, incorporated in 1984, whose mission is to enable people with significant physical disabilities to achieve greater independence through the development, adaptation and use of innovative services and technology for the home and workplace.
Our mandate is to research, develop and deliver appropriate innovative services and technology to meet the needs of our participants. Traditionally we have dealt with individuals most marginalized from society, particularly those who have had very long term detachment from the labour force. To this end, we have been delivering a full range of programs and services in four provinces.
The B.C. provincial government has instituted the Personal Information and Privacy Act (PIPA) to protect the confidentiality of personal information that is provided to us. However, we will use this policy in all our regions where we deliver services. Personal information is collected by our organization through many channels:
- 1Our employees and contractors
- Volunteers to our programming
- Board members
- Members of our organization
- Donors to our organization
- Participants in our various programs
We have a responsibility to inform all individuals providing information to our organization why we are collecting that information; how we store that information; who has access to the information and what information will be shared and for what purposes. We only collect information required by law and that required to provide our services under our operational mandate.
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
We will inform our clients and members of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Under the Act, personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- name, home address and phone number
- nationality, spoken languages, citizenship, race, ethnic origin
- social insurance number, photo identification
- marital status
- income sources (employment, CPP, WCB, ICBC, other insurance)
- medical information: disability information; health care history; current and previous formal or informal medical/ vocational/ psychological/ interest inventory assessments; barriers to employment; blood type; vision issues; hearing issues; pain issues; medications
- assistance needs – transit; attendant care
- educational history; volunteer history
- information for a criminal records check
- employment history; awards; milestones
- hobbies; likes; dislikes
- emergency contact information
- legal documents; custody orders; restraining orders; powers of attorney
Great. Thank you. When can I start making?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.