• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    @

Hello,
    We’re in Ardrossan (east of Edmonton) looking for a maker of a 45 degree switch.

Hi @monikamacdonald welcome to the community!

So in theory, a switch could be mounted at 45 degrees a few ways:

PAMS Small Button Mount

Twist Tie Mount

Many on the mounting brackets on website allow a camera arm to be connected, so it could be placed at any angle reallh.

The question I have do you know what switch you are looking for (wide, small, light touch, proximity, etc) and where the switch wpuld be placed – table, off wheelchair, etc.

Happy to help. Let us know if you have more info or need help to suss out best solution.

Small switch, green in colour on a black bag round (son has a visual impairment and is better able to sect things on dark backgrounds).
    I did see a button zip tied to an adjustable arm that would work. It has to stay in place even if by Velcro.

@monikamacdonald Great to see you were able to access the form and get this posted! As I mentioned in my emails I have a maker that wants to connect with you to see if they could help you out. I will tag Warren here @leungkam and he will be able to reach out to get started. As Chad said, we would be more than happy to help you out in the process.

@monikamacdonald
    a good first step would be to go through the [device library](https://makersmakingchange.com/assistive-devices/?_sf_s=toy) and find a switch that you think would work. That way Warren has an idea of a switch he could develop. Note that all the colours on the switches can change since they are 3d printed.

Thanks @Tyler_Fentie for connecting me with @monikamacdonald.
    I look forward to working on this and helping whichever ways I can!

Thinking the interact switch would work
    Interact Switch:

Interact Switch

45 degree switch.

Do you want to set up a meeting to touch base on how we want to proceed?

It’s all good-just keep us in the loop by posting updates here if you could. I will move this request to “in progress” so other makers know its been taken on! Thanks for being awesome Warren!

Thank you! I will have a look. Should I just tag Warren if I find one?

Warren that sounds great. (New here so still learning the ropes). Zoom? Phone? What do you have in mind?

Let’s do zoom. It’ll be easier to screen share if needed

Sounds great! We can do Monday after lunch or Tuesday after 10. Or Thursday during the day. Throw out some times that work did you Warren?

Monday March 8th at 1pm works for you?

Sorry Warren didn’t mean to leave you hanging we had a few rough days here. Tomorrow (Wednesday) after 1 Pm or Friday after 1PM we can do!

Hi Monika,

No worries at all. I was actually going to reach out today! I hope things are now going better.
    Friday 1.15pm works for you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.