Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m an occupational therapist who works with high behavioral children on the autism spectrum in multiple clinics. We have a lot of children that have grasp problems on their pencils, markers, and crayons. This gripper would help a lot of our children.

Hello @coladoll10, thank you for reaching out to MMC!

Whereabouts are you located? I see that you’ve requested a few devices, and I can likely help out with a number of them. If you’re somewhere far from me, I could also reach out to a chapter near you and help organize a maker closer to you.

Thanks in advance!

Matt, this is awesome! My name is Becky. Thank you for responding to my request. I’m in the north metro area of Atlanta, GA. I am in charge of the OT needs at four clinics in the surrounding areas of Bartow, Polk, Roswell and Cumming. We have a lot of kids in need of these items. Are you around this area? I think GA Tech might have some developers that might be around and work in this adapted area. I’m not sure if they are connected to MMC. Thanks so much for getting a hold of me.
    With Gratitude, Becky

Nice to meet you Becky! I’m Matt, and I am from Alberta, Canada, so quite a far distance from Atlanta. There is an Atlanta, GA chapter of MMC, and I think the best course of action would be to get them involved as it would be a lot easier for you to get the devices you need if you had some local makers helping out.

@zeek
    I believe you are the chapter organizer for GA, correct? Is there any makers you could get involved to help out Becky?

@coladoll10

I can make this item if nobody has made them for you yet. I can also make modifications to the original design if you need different sizes. I am a mechanical engineer specializing in 3D printing.

I’m in Athens, GA, so I would ship them to you, no charge for the parts. If you could assist with shipping to Atlanta, that would be great. If not, I’ll cover it.

Rich Bergins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.