• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    @

Requestor: @pierce
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My name is Pierce Desrochers – O’Sullivan and I’m requesting a built USB Lipsync for my father Michael O’Sullivan who is in mid-late stage ALS and is losing his ability to talk.

I am hoping to pair the Lipsync with his windows surface pro and a text talking app so he can communicate or call for help when he is alone. I have to take breaks from care and it makes it would definitely make it easier for the guy.

I am happy to give lots of feedback / working hacks and return the piece when he has passed on. If there is anything you need on my end, just let me know 🙂

Thanks again for the amazing service!
    Pierce

MMC Entry .I.D: 5716

Doing our best to fulfill this from inside Toronto.

Hi,
    I’m in Toronto and would like to take on the request. You can connect with me either through message on the platform or email ([email protected])

Also, I’m new to the platform so kinda figuring out how it works but I would like to take a moment to appreciate how amazing this initiative of Makers Making Change is.

Best,
    Areej

Hi Areej — thank you so much for signing up! Your offer of assistance is most welcome.

I do have a LipSync all prepped, sanitized and ready for this client, and they live pretty close to me in the east end, so if you don’t mind, I’ll deliver this one. It’s quite a complex kit, and is a lot to expect a volunteer to put together.

One of the other points about the LipSync that we’re addressing is that it’s quite a lot harder to build a reliable one than we’d have hoped. Getting the joystick portion built *just* right is tough: the sensors are fragile and the soldering is fiddly.

I’d be happy to connect and chat about what you’d like to do with us. Everybody’s interests and skills are different, and we want to make sure you’d do something that you found rewarding.

@SRv Oh great that you have a LipSync all ready to go.
    Cheers,
    Areej

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.