Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I really appreciate this technology. I am a paraplegic but as I age and due to nerve pain I find griping things so much more difficult and painful. Getting off the lid from paint is a pain! Looking forward to trying this. Thanks

Hey @sfactiveliving I’m going to try printing this device. Not sure how well it will work, but interesting experiment. Do you have any preference of colour? I have red, white, translucent, neon green, glow in the dark, black and magic sparkling purple.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hi just wondering, is there something specifically you are looking to open? You mention paint, but this is more of a bottle cap / bottle size (like a soda). Is that what you are looking for?

Or is it to open a smaller bottle top, like a paint tube / toothpaste cap?

Tube Opener

No problem either way, just curious to “what you want to get into”… perhaps it is both. 🙂

Hi @sfactiveliving et al. I went ahead and tried printing this device. After a few tries, I got a great looking print in stylish red.

Unfortunately, echoing some of @chadl ‘s concerns, I don’t think this device is going to work for you. I was personally unable to use it for its intended purpose. The biggest flaw is the lack of teeth to grip the bottle cap. I will relay my feedback on the design to the creators on the forum here ( linked in the heading Twist Off Bottle Cap Remover ).

My recommendation is to consider one of these designs https://makersmakingchange.com/project/bottle-opener/ https://makersmakingchange.com/project/tube-opener/ , which seem to address the problem more effectively.

If you’d still like this device as-is, I’m more than happy to ship it, but absolutely no guarantee of suitability. I think you’re much better to change this request to one of the designs above. I’ll be there to print it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.