Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    @gt

hello,
    I am looking for someone who is able to create a slant board for a student of mine. A slant board is used for individuals with visual deficits or impairments. Placing educational materials, papers and books on a slant board makes it easier for an individual with visual deficits to see and visually to attend the items.
    I have one that we bought online, but it is too small for our needs. I would like one that is larger, around 22 inches x 28 inches. According to the eye doctor we consulted with, it would need to be a 22 degree angle for optimal visual assistance. Although, if you can figure out a way to make the angle adjustable (both greater and lesser angles) that would be great.
    I think placing some sort of stopper (like a raised edge) at the bottom edge would help prevent materials form falling off.

If the top can be made to be non-slip, that would be great. However, if that is not feasible, I can just cover it with Dycem roll, a non-slip material.

Another extra feature that would be nice, is if it would be able to fold flat when not in use.

Thank you.

Hello, my name is James. I would love to help you develop this. I am equipped to do so as I am a MET, and industrial designer by trade as well as a 3D printer. I think I understood the details in your post but I would need to chat with you about some specifics on a screenshare chat whenever it is most convenient for you.

Please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks for your time!

@gt

Good Evening,

I replied to you via email. thank you for reaching out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.