• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The DoomScroller is a smartphone tripod that is designed to be used flexibly on many different surfaces. My original intent was to address all of the ergonomic issues introduced by the doomscrolling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomscrolling) we were forced to do during lockdowns in the COVID-19 pandemic, but a friend made me realize that it would be perfect for her sister who needed something to prop up her phone while she signed over FaceTime.

There are already many smartphone docks, stands, and tripods out there, but the DoomScroller is meant to work while laying down in bed, reclining in a chair, or standing in the kitchen. There are multiple sizes of legs for people of different heights, and all three can be positioned across a wide range of angles, along with the ability to be easily locked.

The design is meant to be easy to print and assemble, with the components almost entirely being 3D-printable except for some common screws and nuts. It has been battle-tested across the popular projects from which I remixed certain parts, as well as the friends and family I’ve asked to beta test. It’s still a work-in-progress, but the development is already stable as it currently stands, and I will update the Thingiverse page as required.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I already have some ideas to make the design more accessible, such as using wing nuts and adding more instructional photos and videos for the assembly, but it’s time for me to release the idea to the world and to gather feedback for those who could benefit the most.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.