Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My son is autistic and hates using public bathrooms because the electronic hand dryers and toilets are so loud. This is a sensory nightmare for him. He is 10 and has stated he wants to make a device that makes the toilets quieter to help more as he says “kids like me.” Wondering if we can be teamed up with a maker to help make a portable device that can be attached to a toilet to help tune down the loudness of the flush. Even better if the device can be attached to an electronic dryer to silence that sound, but since those dyers aren’t universal in every pubic bathroom, the tool for the toilet would be ideal. He could then carry that with him when we go out and he can attach it to a toilet when he needs it.

Hi! I can recommend something that works well for me when it get’s too loud. I have these earbuds called “Loop earbuds”. They don’t take away all of the noice, but it sure lowers the worldly noises. This might be a short term idea for you. But it was mostly since we have so many different places to keep clean and adapt to now, so it might be easier (for now) to carry something with you that might help.

I understand that it might be uncomfortable for your son to try these, but they might be worth a shot! 🙂 Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.