The FAIO Multiplexer is an open-source Assistive technology wing for Adafruit Feather boards which enables those with limited or no hand movement to use Adaptive switches as input to operate in multiple input modes. FAIO Multiplexer uses an Adafruit Feather board, a custom PCB, electronic components such as 3.5 mm audio jacks and an RGB led, and a 3D printed enclosure.
FAIO Multiplexer allows you to convert 3.5 mm inputs to switch or joystick actions via USB interface.
FAIO Multiplexer supports following switch modes:
- Switch Access Mode ( HID Keyboard )
- Morse Keyboard Mode ( HID Keyboard )
- Morse Mouse Mode ( HID Mouse )
- Joystick Mode ( HID Joystick )
Additional firmware to operate Xbox Adaptive Controller using switch module is available as well.
The device costs US $40 to US $60 depending on the version of Adafruit Feather board.
Future changes will include:
- Improving Morse code modes of the software
- Wireless version of software
- Updated enclosure for joystick connection