Switch Adapted Water Gun
Setup & instructions
This is a switch adapted water gun that is compatible with 3.5mm switches. This device may be beneficial to someone with limited hand function that is interested in using a water gun.
The Switch Adapted Water Gun can be used with any 3.5mm switch. If you do not own one, you can request one from our device library.
The device costs approximately $35 to adapt.
A set of build instructions to adapt this toy can be found in the Assembly Guide linked above.
- 3D Print Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Assembly Time: Approximately 1 hour
- Drill with ¼” bit
- Small flat head or Phillips screwdriver (it must be skinny as the screws are in deep)
- Flush Cutters
- Wire Strippers
- Soldering Iron and Solder
- 1x electric water gun
- 1x 3.5mm mono jack and nut
- 2x wires 15cm long
- 1x copper tape 8mm long
- 1x zip tie
- 1x 1cm x 1cm card stock or paper
- 4x AA batteries
- 1x 1/4″-20 UNC hex bolt, 1/2″ length
- 1x 1/4″-20 UNC Tee Nut Insert
- 1x Water Gun Stand
Toy adaption by Kerilyn Kennedy – Makers Making Change
3D Printed Water Gun Stand designed by Kerilyn Kennedy – Makers Making Change
Documentation by Neil Squire / Makers Making Change