Networking is always an important part of growing a Community Chapter. Reaching out to the MMC staff team and the Community Chapter network across Canada and the US are great ways to learn and support each other.
Sharing experiences of what works and what doesn’t, how to attract partners, sponsors, subject matter experts and community ambassadors is always a benefit.
Once accepted as a new Community chapter you will be given access to the following by your Regional Coordinator:
- Monthly Community Chapter online meetings schedule – you can plan in advance to attend meetings. These meetings are designed to meet your needs and support the work you do in your community. At these meetings you will:
- Meet other members of the MMC Community Chapters
- Hear what everybody is up to
- Have the opportunity to learn from focus topics
- Find out what’s new at Makers Making Change
- Access resources
- Community Chapter contact list – encourages peer-to-peer support; learn and support each other
- Monthly update worksheet – share your chapter highlights with others
- Dedicated Community Chapter chat room in the MMC Forum. Make sure you register to the website and exchange design ideas, event ideas and challenges with your peers in other locations. This is a great way to connect and network.
Take a look at our Community Chapter map on our website: https://makersmakingchange.com/contact-us/community-chapters/
REMEMBER: Your Regional Coordinator is the Community Chapter leaders first point of contact and is always here to provide help.